26 In Fashion/ Featured/ Lifestyle/ Outfit

Modern gipsy or digital nomad?

Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-1a

Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-2 Modern gipsy or digital nomad?

“Some are born to play it safe Others are born to live it wild.”― Nikki Rowe

Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-4 Modern gipsy or digital nomad?Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-3a Modern gipsy or digital nomad?

Hey guys! How are you?

Lately the traveling trend has become so present and popular all over Social Media. Many young people start freelancing or found their own company. The power and inspiration you can find in this career path is rewarding and full-filling. I am sure you have heard about the term ‚Digital Nomad’… Basically, it’s remote working from where you are at the moment. You are not bound anymore to a specific location for work purposes. No matter if London, Zurich, New York, Sydney or Hawaii – the only thing that matters is a reliably working Wi-Fi network. Therefore, you are able to explore the world and still earn a living.

The digital (r)evolution is undeniably changing the ways we design and live our lives and open up many new possibilities. For sure it can be super freeing to be your own boss and live in full independency. However, this choice always brings a lot of uncertainty and insecurity with it.

Some of us (including me) might choose to rely on a more stable network. At least for a temporary period of time. Even if this means to have a fixed work schedule and being less flexible it can be extremely satisfying. You know that for the time being your routine is more predictable. However, the trend even there is towards rising commuting times. For certain purposes or preferences, we live further away from the work place. Therefore, in some way we are all gipsies but on a smaller scale.

Take me as example, I travel every day 2-4 hours within Switzerland – actually always the same routes but this is for incredibly calming and I could not be happier to sleep at the end of the day in my own bed rather than a strange hotel bed. It’s funny when I talk to people, many cannot understand how I can travel all the time – but I love this (half) gipsy lifestyle. But I do not doubt that also having no fixed home base can be really exciting.

In the end of the day, I believe that it depends a lot on your personality, lifestyle, priorities and life goals. Whatever lifestyle we choose – Personal happiness and well-being should be the top priority. Do you want to live a Modern gipsy live? Or do you prefer a more stable environment?

jacket – Levi’s / sweater – Samsoe & Samsoe / skirt – Joins* / shoes – Vintage (similar) / watch – Diesel* / jewelry – Swarovski

Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-5 Modern gipsy or digital nomad?Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-7 Modern gipsy or digital nomad?Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-6 Modern gipsy or digital nomad?Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-5b Modern gipsy or digital nomad?

Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-5a Modern gipsy or digital nomad? Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-7a Modern gipsy or digital nomad?

“I have always considered myself a person with a gypsy heart, and I Surrender my dreams to my soul, for it’s a free sprit who believes in no boundaries of region and religion.” ― Megha Khare

Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-7b Modern gipsy or digital nomad? Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-slider1 Modern gipsy or digital nomad? Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-slider Modern gipsy or digital nomad?Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-10 Modern gipsy or digital nomad?Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-9 Modern gipsy or digital nomad?Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-8a Modern gipsy or digital nomad?Swarovski-gipsy-collection-Michaelablog-8 Modern gipsy or digital nomad?

Style and Spirituality
Our life - a reflection of nature

You Might Also Like

26 Comments

sara
    6. March 2017 at 11:01

you have always interesting malestyle shoes

Izzy McLeod
    6. March 2017 at 22:42

Very cute outfit, and I definitely agree with the half digital nomad life, I love having my own bed after a period of travelling but then I get itchy feet and want to explore again!

The Quirky Queer

• michaelablog
      michaelablog
      7. March 2017 at 6:47

Dear Izzy,
      I totally see your point! It’s the same with me 🙂

Swisstwins
    10. March 2017 at 10:44

Dein Look gefällt mir wirklich sehr gut! Die Kombination ist echt klasse!
    Grüsse

Caro
    10. March 2017 at 10:47

Was für ein fantastischer Blog! Ich bin ganz hin und weg! Dein Outfit ist wundervoll, wenn dieser Beitrag nicht zum Shoppen inspiriert… Liebe Grüße Caro

• michaelablog
      michaelablog
      10. March 2017 at 13:23

Danke Liebe Caro 😀 Das freut mich total

L♥ebe was ist
    10. March 2017 at 13:57

herrlich, ich liebe solche Botanischen Gärten und finde sie eignen sich einfach hervorragend zum shooten, besonders wenn das Wetter mal nicht so mitspielt 😉
    schaust super aus!

und digitaler Nomade … ein Traum 🙂

❤ Tina

• michaelablog
      michaelablog
      10. March 2017 at 15:43

Liebe Tina,
      Ja das war genau auch mein Plan, weils noch zu kalt war 😉

Liebe Grüsse
      Michaela

Swenja
    10. March 2017 at 14:03

So ein hübscher Look *.*
    Und die Location passt einfach perfekt dazu!
    Du sieht wunderschön aus!

Liebste Grüsse
    Swenja

Paola Lauretano
    10. March 2017 at 21:33

Lovely pics and cool look! I love the color of your hair!
    Kisses, Paola.
    Expressyourself

Rae Abigael Caacbay
    11. March 2017 at 6:52

so beautiful photos michaela! 🙂 also, i super love your shoes and cool accessories!
    i like succulents and cactus, by the way. so that must be a like a little haven :)))

xoxo, rae

• michaelablog
      michaelablog
      11. March 2017 at 18:27

It’s like a warm escape from the winter indeed 😀

ONE+TIME
    11. March 2017 at 17:25

Estupenda localización!

Mischelle
    12. March 2017 at 21:32

I love your photos! And your outfit is so chic!!

Mischelle

Michelle
    12. March 2017 at 22:43

So, jetzt hab’ ich deinen Blog auch gefunden 🙂
    Tolles Outfit erstmal, sieht super harmonisch aus auf den Bildern! Ich hab gerade erst was dazu geschrieben, wie das so ist, wenn um einen rum Leute anfangen, so große Pläne wie Hochzeit, Kinder etc. anzugehen und ich frage mich: Was ess’ ich denn heute Abend? Ich meine, ich bin gern so frei, einfach mal eine Zeit lang verschwinden zu können an einen anderen Ort. Fraglich, ob das mir auf Dauer passen wird, obwohl ich meine Freiheit so schätze. Aber ich finde es auch schön bei z.B. Freunden zu sehen, dass sie mit Routinen zufrieden sind- gibt mir noch Hoffnung 😀

• michaelablog
      michaelablog
      13. March 2017 at 10:06

Liebe Michelle, wie wahr! Ich erkenne mich so wieder in deinen Worten. Hab einen guten Start in die neue Woche. Mit mehr oder weniger Routinen 😉

Melanie
    14. March 2017 at 20:23

Was für ein toller Look! der Rock passt ja perfekt zu deinen Haaren! Den Schmuck finde ich ja total süß .-*

Melanie / http://www.goldzeitblog.de

Batsheva
    15. March 2017 at 3:17

Wow. These are such beautiful photographs. I love how the accents of orange in the cacti bring out the vibrancy of orange in your hair and skirt. It looks like you planned it that way– its so stunning. as for being a gypsy– I prefer traveling one country at a time, living there enough time so that I know its secrets, until I am ready to discover a new country. I have actually done that. two years ago was Jerusalem, last year was Los Angeles, and this year is NYC. I wonder what next year will be.

• michaelablog
      michaelablog
      15. March 2017 at 9:35

Wow you really discovered the world a bit 🙂 Sound great that you are so open to new places and countries <3