13 In Featured/ Inspiration/ Lifestyle/ Tips/ Well-Being/ Yoga

Why you can become happier with self-love

Summer-Sailor_striped_dress_20-1 Why you can become happier with self-love

“To learn loving yourself could be the hardest thing that you will ever do.”

Since my experience in Bali my attitude towards myself and other people has changed a lot. I am generally happier and more content with what I do and in the place I am. For my it’s been the start of a journey towards self-love and acceptance… It’s still very hard at days to keep the positive attitude, but I guess this will get better and better with patience and growing up 🙂

Self-love is not about comparing yourself to others or boasting your esteem… It’s about self-acceptance, self-respect, self-conviction, and accountability for yourself! The ironic thing is that we are amazing at being good kind to everyone, except ourselves. We’re wonderful when it comes to uplifting a friend in distress, encouraging a lover disappointed lover, or celebrating a milestones (big and small). But never wholly there within when self-love is indeed one of the fundamental building blocks for love, happiness, and success in life.

So if you haven’t discovered what that looks like yet and are curious how to become happier and start loving who you are, then read on 🙂Summer-Sailor_striped_dress_17-1 Why you can become happier with self-love

It’s the first step to building a great relationship with yourself

Independence from someone else’s approval, criticism, and security is one of the most liberating things you will ever feel! By doing this, you can set the stage for yourself – you’ll begin to trust and believe in YOUR decisions, and act on them with confidence. When you have this kind of relationship with yourself, everything else becomes possible and a lot easier.

You’ll get much further with your hopes & dreams

If you don’t stop dragging yourself down, you’re never going to get very far in life. Self-love and acceptance  gives you the courage to pursue your dreams, even on the bad days. You’ll begin to recognize and prioritize your needs. So you can focus on the things you really want to achieve in your life.

It’s the only way to find true love

Self-love is a prerequisite for genuinely loving another and allowing yourself to be loved in return. It radiates a mystical happiness, confidence, and positivity that draws people in and keeps them there. You’ll find yourself kinder and more pleasant to be around and this all helps your relationship flourish. When you love and respect yourself, you also begin to see the boundaries of a truly loving relationship clearly and that means not tolerating crap you don’t deserve.

I hope you liked this post… It’s partly different, but I want to share and inspire others to become happier too. I am by far not there but I can tell that the darkness I came from is now far away 🙂 Keep going and smile!

“Do your practice and all is coming.” – K. Pattabhi Jois

Summer-Sailor_striped_dress_18-1 Why you can become happier with self-loveSummer-Sailor_striped_dress_19-1 Why you can become happier with self-love

Peace and Patience
Will I ever grow up?

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

Ev
    Wednesday July 20th, 2016 at 10:55 PM

Great post dear 😉

Lenya
    Thursday July 21st, 2016 at 04:26 PM

Beautiful post, thx for sharing with us.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

• michaelablog
      michaelablog
      Friday July 22nd, 2016 at 09:12 AM

Chrinstine
    Friday July 22nd, 2016 at 06:37 AM

I’ve been browsing online more than 2 hours today, yet
    I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be
    a lot more useful than ever before. http://www.yahoo.net

• michaelablog
      michaelablog
      Friday July 22nd, 2016 at 09:15 AM

Thanks my dear <3

Peace and Patience - Michaelablog
    Sunday July 24th, 2016 at 11:20 AM

[…] around how bad things in the world are turning, but that doesn’t mean we can’t take simple steps to make ourselves (and in turn, others) feel a bit better. I want to share three ways what can help you every […]

Zeynab
    Sunday July 24th, 2016 at 03:55 PM

What an amazing post! I am working on self love, I find that I am so hard on myself which brings me down and makes me really unhappy.

Zeynab
    The Beauty Load

• michaelablog
      michaelablog
      Sunday July 24th, 2016 at 06:16 PM

It is not easy but great to hear that you are working towards it <3

Flora Swann
    Friday July 29th, 2016 at 05:24 AM

I completely agree with you! In order to be kinder to myself, I never tell myself anything that I wouldn’t say to someone else (for example, I try not to say to myself that I’m stupid, or ugly, etc). Loving oneself is essential because at the end of the day, I’m the most important person in my life. If we bring more love to ourself, we can bring more love to the rest of the world.

• michaelablog
      michaelablog
      Friday July 29th, 2016 at 09:33 AM

Dear Flora,
      This is a great strategy with not saying bad things to yourself. I want to apply that too to my thinking 🙂
      Thanks for sharing your thoughts <3

How to Start Embracing Your Imperfections - Michaelablog
    Wednesday August 10th, 2016 at 01:12 PM

[…] in order, but still don’t feel satisfied? Therefore, it is important not only to make peace with our “imperfections”, but also embrace them and not […]

Free Spirit Summer Bucket List - Michaelablog
    Monday August 22nd, 2016 at 09:34 AM

[…] to craft and mold it in any way we like, under our individual circumstances. So, is this really how I want to spend […]

delhi escort
    Tuesday September 13th, 2016 at 10:55 AM

Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post! It is the little
    changes that make the largest changes. Thanks a lot for
    sharing!